Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Eye Test

Yesterday Killian had his first eye exam. Thankfully, the results showed that he has not developed any cataracts (common among preemies), and the nerve endings appear to be attaching properly to the back of his eye. They said that he still has underdeveloped blood vessels, which is to be expected when you come out three months early, so they will go back and test his eyes again in two weeks to make sure they continue to form correctly.

He's continues to gain weight - yesterday he was 3lbs 5oz - and he seems to be very pleased with himself now that he is wearing clothes. Nina certainly enjoys being able to dress him every day with a new outfit.

6 comments:

  1. Deo gratias! Saint Lucy's feast day is December 13, and she has helped me in several dramatic ways. I will start a novena to her for Killian's precious eyes. What a treasure your little man is! May God bless you and Our Lady protect you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kindred Spirit, thank you. (I feel as though I'm addressing myself to an apparition!). May St. Lucy continue to intercede for you and for all of us. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina, Congratulations to you and your husband on the birth of Killian! I am so amazed to read of his and your journey through these past weeks and am so happy for you all. God is good. God is kind. God will watch over you all! How blessed you are!

    Know that we will continue to pray for your family, and that handsome little Killian!

    Fondly,
    Jeannie & Addison Vaccari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your family. Small and fierce, indeed! I came here linked from Patrick's blog. I noticed in one of your entries that Killian is getting his mama's milk with some fortifier, and I wanted to say Good For You! because I know how tiring and frustrating it can be to have to hold (and wash. . .) a noisy mechanical pump and bottles when you really just want to hold your baby. He is blessed to have you for his mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We continue to pray for Killian. My children ask quite often about him,so thank You for your updates. My daughter Lillian(our seventh child)was born on October 18TH also. When I get up at night to nurse her I pray for your little fierce one.May God bless and sustain all of You.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Timothy: me encontré con tu blog y te felicito. Espero te acuerdes de mí. http://actualidadyanalisis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete